Study abroad – 3 most commonly asked questions by every student
Posted on September 30, 2019
The idea of going abroad for study is very exciting. You must have perceived that studying abroad has a variety of advantages and a lot more to give you. You would obviously be exposed to varied learning and have a wider perspective of life.
Below are the 3 questions which commonly arise in every students mind while deciding to Study Abroad. The answers to these questions would make you take the right decision.
Why should I study abroad?
This is probably the first question which strikes your mind because you know that you can pursue higher education in your home country as well. But, studying abroad brings many other things on to your plate.
- Meet people from different cultures – This would help you to challenge yourself in coming out of your comfort zone
- Education – You would be exposed to more practical learning which offers you the benefit of being globally accepted.
- Linguistic benefits – You would improve your language skills and conversation ability
- Exposure – You would have wider exposure to travel, career opportunities, network of people etc.
- Stay – As you stay alone, you would learn to manage your limited finances. You would also have an undisturbed learning environment.
Is studying abroad costly, Can I afford it?
After knowing the benefits, the next question would obviously be whether you could afford it and how much it can cost.
Don’t worry! the cost of studying abroad completely depends on the country and the course you are opting for. Moreover, many study Visas offer the benefit of work while study.
There are many ways on minimizing your spending. You can plan your stay on the campus instead of staying outside. Choose an accommodation which is very close to your university. This way, you will save on your travel expenses. You can always contact the University to find out what options are available for you.
Is this the right time for me?
This is exactly the right time. The moment you thought of going abroad to study, you have made the right decision. As the process (between deciding and actually going) would take some time, you can make sure that all other things at home are set right. This will help you to have a better study experience. You will also have ample time to pool all your resources and arrange for your travel documentation.
If you want an uninterrupted academic track record, you should plan right away as there are many countries which have liberalized their Visa policies. They also allow students to work while studying.
What are you waiting for? Get to your feet, pack your bags and experience the best of education the world has to offer you for a bright future.