Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

Study Overseas: Student discount cards needed in the UK

Posted on May 18, 2019
Comment (0)
Share :

Student Discount Cards

If you have opted for Study Overseas in the UK, you must be aware of the various Student discount cards that you can avail. There are fresh challenges involved as an overseas student. This could be challenging assignments and getting accustomed to life in the new environment.

The perks of being a University student and student discounts make the challenges worth experience.

Here are some of the Student discount cards that you can avail:

16-25 Railcard

Do you travel a lot by train and are in the age range 16 to 25? Then, you can get the 16-25 Railcard for 30 Pounds per year. This will offer you a 1/3rd concession on rail fares for travelling across the UK. This is applicable for First Class Advance, Standard Advance, Off-Peak, and Standard Anytime fares.

The potential adventure is huge as there is no limit on the number of times that you can use the card. You can also get a 3-year Railcard at just 70 Pounds. This will save you 20 Pounds on the price of 3 Railcards for 1 year.

 ISIC – International Student Identity Card

International Student Identity Card is a globally recognized card that enables you to avail discount on many things. This includes travel, clothes, food, and entertainment. Its validity is 12 months from the date it is issued. The cost of the card is variable but begins from $ 20, as quoted by the Study International.


It is a free discount card that permits students in College and University to enjoy discounts. This is on fitness, health, food, technology, skincare, and clothes.

You can avail discounts ranging from 30 to 10% through UNIDAYS depending on the store. This is on brands like Burger King, Reebok, Nike, Urban Outfitters, and more. You can qualify for this card if you are aged 16 years and above.

18 Plus Student Oyster Card

You can qualify for 18 Plus Student Oyster Card if you are aged 18 years and above. You must be a student staying during your term time in London borough.

The card costs 20 Pounds and its validity ends with the completion of your course. It offers 30% off adult-rate of travel cards and tram and bus pass season tickets.

Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Student Visa Documentation5-course search with admissions8-course search with admissions and Country Admissions Multi-country. Y-Axis offers diverse products such as IELTS/PTE One to One 45 min and IELTS/PTE One to One 45 min package of 3 to help the aspiring overseas students with the language tests.

If you are looking to Work, Visit, Invest, Migrate or Study in the UK, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Top 10 reasons to study overseas in the UK

Share :


More Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eighteen − 17 =



Follow Us

We want to hear from you!