Ten Best Cities for Overseas Studies – 2018
Posted on July 18, 2018
Migrating abroad for overseas studies is one of the challenging decisions which every student takes. Moreover, studying abroad not only enhances their intellectual and academic skills but also enables them to explore employment opportunities at the global level.
Global QS World University has recently released the ranking of best student cities based on six indicators that also includes affordability, student view and desirability.
The following are the top 10 cities for overseas studies in 2018.
1. London – UK capital, London has topped the list for the first time. The Capital city also earned accolades in the rankings indicator by positioning itself 1st out of 19 international ranked institutions.
Two of its universities namely University College of London and Imperial College of London ranked seventh and eighth within world’s top 10 Universities in 2018.
The diverse culture in London has attracted students across the globe. Out of 13.8 million residents 1.8 per cent comprises of overseas students.
The city rose to the top position and retained its popularity despite the UK’s Brexit vote mainly due to student view indicator.
2. Tokyo – Japan Capital, Tokyo occupied the second position in the year 2018 owing to higher employer activity. The city has the largest concentration of industries in the metropolitan area and is one of the world’s major financial Centers.
3. Melbourne – Australia’s cultural capital, Melbourne stood at 3rd position. Recognized as the City of Literature by UNESCO, it has a diverse student population. A plethora of cultural activities takes place around the year apart from being famous for liberal arts like Music and Theatre.
4. Montreal – Canada’s French-speaking city, Montreal took the 4th slot and overtook its fellow city Ottawa on the basis of students’ popularity. The city received the praise for having the culture of young and lively.
Perhaps, it has the best foods, restaurants, and study cafes due to which students throng in numbers every year for studies.
5. Paris – French Capital, Paris stood at 5th position for overseas studies in 2018. Out of 18 international Universities, Paris University stood at 2nd position. It has a rich and vibrant culture armed with beautiful surroundings that arouses an interest among the international students for long-term studies.
6. Munich – Munich’s rich economy escalated its position to 6th from 9th. It overtook Berlin and reached the 2nd position in student view indicator. The city has a rich Bavarian culture that is enjoyed by students who come here for studies.
7. Berlin – Germany Capital, Berlin stood at 7th position. It secured the first position among the top 10 cities due to lower living cost and exemption of tuition fee to international students.
One of the best German universities, Humboldt Universidadzu Berlin ranks 120th in QS World University Rankings.
8. Zurich – The largest city of Switzerland, Zurich stood at 8th position. Despite having a high cost of living, it is one of the best cities in the world to reside. The scenic city is environed by beautiful mountains and is located on the north shore of Lake Zurich.
9. Sydney – Australia’s populous city, Sydney occupied 9th position in the year 2018. It is designated as the most desirable city to reside due to rich life, tranquil beaches, and laidback lifestyle.
10. Seoul – South Korean Capital, Seoul stood at 10th position owing to its ranking and employer activity. The city is known for its activities 24/7 with an exciting nightlife. Scientifically advanced with well-developed infrastructure, it is emerging as a global city of the world.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products to the aspiring overseas students including 5 course search with admissions, 8 course search with admissions, and Country admissions multi-country.
If you are looking to shape a successful career, contact Y-Axis, the world’s most trusted study overseas consultants.