The Types of France Student Visas and Requirements
Posted on May 27, 2019
The different types of France Student Visas are as follows:
France Short-stay Study Visa:
Overseas students can arrive at France study for a maximum of 3 months on this Visa. They do not need a separate Residence Visa. It is suitable for those who enrol in short-term programs or language courses.
France Temporary Long-Stay Study Visa:
Overseas students can Study in France for 3 to 6 months through this Visa. They will not need a Residence Permit and the Visa is not renewable, as quoted by the Study International.
France Long-stay Study Visa:
Overseas students will require this Visa if they intend to study in France for a period exceeding 6 months. Its validity will be for the duration of the course – 3 years for Bachelors, 2 years for Masters and 4 years for a Doctoral degree. Long-stay France Student Visas act as Residence Visas and are also known as VLT-TS.
The filing of Visa applications and collection of passports can be done only by the applicant themselves. It can also be done by a Travel Agent with authorization from the Embassy of France in New Delhi.
The application of France Student Visas has 2 distinct stages. The fist is at the Campus France and the second at the Embassy. The documents required by both can vary. The originals have to be submitted at Campus France. Photo-copies have to be filed at the Visa Application Centres/ Consulate/ Embassy.
Two sets of application photo-copies with the following documents must be offered:
- France Long-stay Student Visa application form for the duration of more than 3 months
- 2 photographs of passport size
- A print out of your ID number of Campus France
- Your Passport copy
- Registration letter from the educational institute
- Cover Letter that explains the study project and a Resume/CV
- Evidence of funds – a minimum of 615 Euros/month + tuition fees for the entire academic term
- Evidence of medical coverage with coverage that is valid in France
- Copy of round-trip flight ticket if you are studying for 6 months or less or one-way flight ticket if your course lasts for more than 6 months in France
- Office Francais de Immigration et de Integration form/ OFII form
- Evidence of residency in France like the title of property, electricity bill, lease, etc for at least 3 months or hotel reservation
- Copy of the Resume
- Copies of certificates, academic diplomas, and degrees
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Student Visa Documentation, 5-course search with admissions, 8-course search with admissions and Country Admissions Multi-country. Y-Axis offers diverse products such as IELTS/PTE One to One 45 min and IELTS/PTE One to One 45 min package of 3 to help the aspiring overseas students with the language tests.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…