Top 10 Universities in Germany 2023
Posted on January 11, 2023
Why study in Germany?
- Germany offers quality education at inexpensive tuition fees.
- It offers work experience to international students while they pursue their studies.
- There are multiple job opportunities for overseas students.
- The community in Germany is safe and accepting of international students
- International graduates can opt to settle in Germany after two years of work
Germany student visa
The number of overseas students opting to pursue their education in Germany to study abroad studies is increasing every year. A significant number of international students apply for a German student visa at the consulate of their country before they arrive in Germany to study.
There are two different types of visa international students can apply for:
- For study programs that are for 3 months, the candidates need to apply for a Schengen visa.
- For study programs that last for more than 3 months, the students need to apply for a German national visa.
If the candidate enters Germany under a national visa, they have to extend their stay by applying for a German residence permit at the Foreigner’s Office to pursue their studies. The candidate should apply for this while their entry visa is valid.
International students usually apply for the German Student Visa, which is the standard student visa. It is aimed at those overseas students who have been offered admission to any of the official universities of Germany.
*Wish to study in Germany? Y-Axis is here to offer you the required guidance.
QS World Ranking Germany Universities
For many overseas students, Germany is an apt country to study abroad. There are reputed universities offering study programs in English language study options. Public universities do not charge tuition fees. Due to these reasons and more, every year, close to 100,000 students from across the world opt to come to Germany for their education.
Germany has a credible reputation for the sector of higher education. There are over 400 universities, and many of them have high scores in international rankings and feature in the list of top universities across the world.
The two popular places for academic excellence are:
- Munich with the Ludwig Maximilians University and the Technical University of Munich
- Berlin with the Heidelberg University and the Freie Universität Berlin
Apart from the universities mentioned above, there are multiple institutes offering world-class education in the country.
The QS World University Rankings are one of the most respected and referenced rankings. The QS ranking is done through an academic survey by considering the input of academics globally regarding the reputation of universities.
Top 10 Universities in Germany
The top 10 universities in Germany are listed in the table below:
|Top universities in Germany|
|Sl. No.||University||QS Ranking 2023|
|1||Technical University of Munich (TUM)||49|
|2||Ludwig Maximilians University Munich||59|
|4||Freie Universität Berlin||118|
|5||Humboldt University Berlin||131|
|6||Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)||141|
|7||RWTH Aachen University||147|
|8||Technische Universität Berlin||158|
|9||University of Tübingen||169|
|10||University of Freiburg||189|
Top courses to pursue in Germany
The top courses to pursue in Germany are:
|Top Courses to Pursue in Germany|
|1||Medicine and Dentistry|
|5||Mathematics and Computer Science|
|7||Business and economics|
|10||Philosophy and the Humanities|
Work opportunities after studying in Germany
After graduating, the students have two options if they want to stay in Germany after the validity of their residence permit expires. They can:
- Apply for the residence permit aimed at job seekers, if they do not have a job offer.
- Apply for the residence permit for work, if they have a job offer
Detailed information about the two types of permit is given below:
Conversion to a Job-Seeker Residence Permit
Before the student’s residence permit expires and after graduating, the candidate can apply for a German residence permit as a job seeker. The job seeker visa facilitates the applicant to remain in Germany for six months more after graduation. In this time, they can look search for employment.
If they find a suitable job and fulfill the requirements, they can apply to convert the residence permit into a work permit and indefinitely stay in Germany.
Applying for a Work Residence Permit
If the overseas student has a job offer immediately after they graduate, they can apply to convert their student permit into a German work permit. The residence permit for employment in Germany is valid for two years, with the option to extend if they are employed.
If they fulfill the requirements established by the immigration authorities, they can apply for a German residence permit and work as a freelancer in the country.
Graduates who have studied in German universities can also opt for a streamlined procedure for a settlement permit.
Settlement Permit for Overseas Students in Germany
International graduates of universities in Germany are eligible for settlement after two years of work experience in Germany. After 8 years of residing in Germany, they are also eligible for citizenship in Germany.
The German settlement permit facilitates the candidate to:
- Indefinitely live in Germany without seeking extensions
- Switch employers or professions.
- Access to German social security and benefits
- Freedom of movement in the EU/EEA
How can Y-Axis assist you to study in Germany?
Y-Axis is the right mentor to advise you on Study in Germany. It helps you with
- Choose the best path for you with the help of Y-Path.
- Get counseling and advice from proven expertise to advise you in all the steps.
- Course Recommendation, get an unbiased advice with Y-Path that puts you on the right path to success.
- Guides and assists you in writing commendable SOPs and Resume.
*Want to study in Germany? Contact Y-Axis, the No.1 Study Overseas Consultant in the country.
If you found this blog helpful, you may want to read…