Top 20 B Schools for Master’s Degree in Computer Science in USA
Posted on July 31, 2023
Pursue MS in Computer Science in the USA
- The USA has 10 of the top 15 universities worldwide, according to QS World University Rankings 2023.
- The average IELTS score required for MS in Computer Science in the USA is 7.0.
- Up to $100,000 scholarships available for international students.
- Graduates from an accredited university can work in the USA for up to 3 years.
- The demand for computer scientists is expected to grow by 17% from 2020 to 2030.
*Need assistance to study in USA? Y-Axis is here to assist you in all the ways.
Why Choose MS in Computer Science in the USA?
There are many reasons why you should choose to study MS in Computer Science in the USA. Here are just a few:
- The USA is home to some of the world’s top universities for computer science.
- The quality of education in the USA is excellent.
- The USA has a strong economy and a vibrant tech industry.
- There are many opportunities to network with potential employers.
- The post-study work opportunity is very attractive.
The top 20 colleges in the USA for MS in computer science
Here is a list of the top 20 B Schools to study in USA for MS in computer science, along with their fees and ranks:
|School of Graduate Studies||Tuition Fee ($)USD||Rank in USA|
|MIT School of Engineering||53,450 – 59,550||1|
|Stanford University School of Engineering||54,600 – 58,320||2|
|CMU School of Computer Science||44,880 – 57,504||3|
|College of Engineering – Berkeley||26,544 – 45,654||4|
|California Institute of Technology (main campus)||50,000 – 54,600||5|
|Grainger College of Engineering||49,380 – 71,316||6|
|Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering||50,544 – 73,950||7|
|Cockrell School of Engineering||22,740 – 40,668||8|
|School of Electrical and Computer Engineering||32,404 – 52,354||9|
|University of Michigan College of Engineering||49,700 – 65,896||10|
|Cornell University College of Engineering||37,880 – 60,286||11|
|Jacobs School of Engineering||26,544 – 45,654||12|
|Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science||28,992 – 45,672||13|
|School of Engineering and Applied Science||41,760 – 51,156||14|
|College of Engineering – UW Madison||37,785 – 54,970||15|
|A. James Clark School of Engineering||33,400 – 50,600||16|
|College of Engineering – UC Santa Barbara||43,374 – 55,638||17|
|Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences||43,374 – 55,638||18|
|UC Davis College of Engineering||43,374 – 55,638||19|
|Baskin School of Engineering||43,374 – 55,638||20|
*Confused to choose which course to pursue? Avail Y-Axis course recommendation services to choose the best
Eligibility for admission for MS in computer science in the USA
To be eligible for MS in the USA, students must have the following:
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited university
- Students must have a good GMAT score as per the requirement of the universities.
- Students must have a good academic record with a minimum GPA of 3 on a scale of 4 or equivalent to 83%.
Requirements to Study in the USA
To study in the USA, students are requested to represent the following:
- Standardized test scores
- English Proficiency test scores
- Letter of recommendation
- A valid passport
Steps to apply for admission for MS in computer science in the USA
The steps to apply for admission to an MS program in the USA are as follows:
- Choose the universities you want to apply to.
- Gather the required documents, such as your academic transcripts, GMAT scores, and letters of recommendation.
- Complete the online application form.
- Pay the application fee.
- Wait for the decision from the universities.
Post-Study Work Opportunity in the USA
International students who graduate from an accredited university in the USA are eligible to work in the USA for up to 3 years after graduation. This allows graduates the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and network with potential employers.
If you are looking for a top-quality education in computer science, the USA is a great option. The country has the world’s best universities, a strong economy, and a vibrant tech industry. If you are eligible, it is the best option to apply for MS in computer science in the USA.