Top 20 Masters (MS) in Computer Science Colleges in UK
Posted on July 31, 2023
Pursue MS in computer science in the United Kingdom
- The UK has 10 universities ranked in the top 100 in the QS World University Rankings.
- The average IELTS score required in the UK is 7.0,
- There are many scholarships with awards ranging from £5,000 to £20,000.
- International students can work in the UK for up to two years after graduation.
- The UK has a large number of job opportunities for computer science graduates.
*Need assistance to study in UK? Y-Axis is here to assist you in all the ways.
Why Choose MS in Computer Science in the UK?
The UK is a great place to study MSc Computer Science for many reasons.
- The UK has a world-class education system, with some of the top universities in the world for computer science.
- The UK is a major hub for the technology industry, so there are a large number of job opportunities available for computer science graduates.
- The UK is a welcoming country for international students, with many support services available to help students adjust to life in the UK.
Top 20 Schools of Graduate Studies in the UK for MS in Computer Science
Here are the top 20 Schools of Graduate Studies to study in UK for MS in computer science, along with their fees and rank:
|School of Graduate Studies||Tuition Fee (£) GBP||Rank in UK|
|University of Oxford (main campus)||25,740 – 36,065||1|
|University of Cambridge (main campus)||30,978 – 45,252||2|
|Imperial College London (main campus)||33,000 – 38,500||3|
|UCL Computer Science||16,670 – 30,870||4|
|College of Science and Engineering||23,900 – 32,200||5|
|School of Computer Science||25,000 – 30,000||6|
|King’s College London (main campus)||27,450 – 32,400||7|
|University of Bristol (main campus)||23,900 – 28,900||8|
|School of Electronics and Computer Science||23,750 – 28,750||9|
|University of Warwick (main campus)||23,300 – 27,600||10|
|School of Computing Science – University of Glasgow||19,500 – 25,750||11|
|School of Computer Science – University of Birmingham||22,500 – 26,220||12|
|School of Computing – University of Leeds||21,250 – 25,500||13|
|University of Sheffield (main campus)||21,600 – 25,700||14|
|School of Computing – Newcastle University||20,000 – 24,000||15|
|School of Computer Science – University of Nottingham||19,000 – 24,000||16|
|University of York (main campus)||19,750 – 23,450||17|
|School of Computer Science – University of St Andrews||19,950 – 22,950||18|
|School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science||20,300 – 22,500||19|
|School of Engineering and Informatics||18,850 – 22,000||20|
*Confused to choose which course to pursue? Avail Y-Axis course recommendation services to choose the best
Eligibility for pursuing MS in Computer Science in the UK
To be eligible to apply for an MS in computer science program in Australia, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum score of 60% or a GPA of 8/10.
- Students must have scored a minimum score of 7.0 in IELTS.
Requirements to study MS in the UK
If you are an international student:
- Recommendation letters have to be submitted
- Updated resume/ curriculum vitae
- Personal identification proof
- Statement of proof/ letter of support
- Student visa to study in the UK
- Proof of financial support for your studies
Steps to apply for admission for MS in computer science in the UK
The steps to apply for admission to an MBA program in the UK are as follows:
- Choose a university and program according to your interest and goals.
- Check the admission requirements and make sure you meet all the requirements of the university.
- Fill out and submit your application with the correct details as per the requirements.
- Pay the application fee.
- You may have to attend an interview (required by a few universities).
- Enrol in the course you selected for your studies.
Post-Study Work Opportunity in the UK
International students who complete an MBA in the UK are eligible to work in the UK for up to two years after graduation. This is a great opportunity to gain work experience in the UK and to network with potential employers.
MS in computer science in the UK can be a great way to boost your career in this field. With its excellent academic reputation, growing economy, and multicultural workforce, the UK is an excellent place to study MS in computer science.