People wanting to migrate dream of going to Canada because of its open-door policy towards migrants. Among these are applicants for permanent residency (PR) in Canada. Immigration trends in Canada indicate an optimistic outcome for PR visa applicants.
Immigration targets till 2023
Canada is planning to welcome 1,233,000 new permanent residents over the next three years to help propel an economic recovery after the negative impact of the Coronavirus pandemic. Apart from this, immigrants are required to offset the effect of an aging population and a low birth rate. Here are more details:
The target figures indicate that Canada will be focusing in high immigration targets— more than 400,000 new permanent residents in the next three years in spite of the pandemic.
These targets have been set with a view to propel the economic growth of the country.
Indians topped the list of the greatest number of immigrants
Canada welcomed more than 103,420 immigrants in the first half of 2020.Around a quarter of them that is close to 26,610 were from India.
Introduction of new immigration programs
Canada is also facing a labor shortage and it is one of the reasons for setting high immigration targets. To meet the labor shortage in rural areas, the country launched the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) that encourages migrants to settle down in rural areas.
With such valid reasons to welcome more immigrants, your PR visa application will be accepted. The other condition is if you diligently follow all the rules and regulations and complete all the procedures to apply for a PR, you could be successful in getting your PR visa.
However, there could still be a chance that your PR visa can be rejected. Here are seven top reasons:
1. Misrepresentation: Misrepresentation can be anything from giving incomplete information or giving false information. You may give incomplete information because you did not understand the instructions in the form and made mistakes in filling it. Avoid providing wrong information. An example is to declare you are employed when you are not.
What you should (not) do: Falsification of documents should be avoided Do not submit false documents about your employment, assets etc. Be careful when you are filling your application form as any serious mistake could bar you from reapplying for a visa in the future.
2. Missing a deadline: The PR visa application process involves numerous steps. To make the process more streamlined, each step has to be complete within a stipulated deadline. Failure to complete these steps within the deadline can lead to your visa being rejected.
What you should do: Plan your application process based on the deadlines. Give yourself enough time to gather all the required documents so that you can submit your application on time and complete the process within the deadline.
3. Non-eligibility: Canada has a multitude of immigration programs with their individual eligibility requirements such as age, educational qualifications, work experience, skill level etc. Your PR application could be rejected if you do not meet the eligibility requirements or fail to give the right information.
What you should do: Examine the eligibility requirements of the immigration programs to select ones where your credentials are a close match. This way your application can make you an eligible applicant and increase your chances of acceptance. A better option would be to seek the help of an immigration consultant who will provide help you with the application process.
Certain immigration programs submit more invitations to candidates compared to others. It helps to identify these programs and assess if you meet their eligibility requirements.
The immigration targets for 2021-23 indicates that the country is set to welcome 60 percent of the immigrants under the economic class program which will include the Express Entry and the Provincial Nominee Program.
The admission target for the next three years under the PNP are:
|Year||Target||Low range||High range|
4. Failure to submit the required documents: Your PR application must be submitted with mandatory documents. Not complying with this requirement will mean rejection of your application.
What you should do: Make a list of the required documents and ensure that you submit them to the Canadian embassy within the deadline.
5. Inability to show proof of funds: An applicant for Canadian PR must show that he has enough funds. He must submit proof in the form of bank statements or bank certificates. This is to prove he has the finances to support himself and his family. The applicant must give proof of funds based on the visa program he is applying.
What you should do: Provide all the required proof of your financial assets based on the requirements of your PR application.
6. Medical record: The Canadian government insists that every PR applicant must submit a medical certificate or a satisfactory medical report. This is to ensure that once they come to Canada, they do not cause a burden on the healthcare system or pose a threat to the Canadian public through any disease they may have.
Failure to clear the health requirements will lead to rejection.
7. Criminal background: Canada PR applicants must go through a criminal background check before their application is processed. They must not have any history of criminal offenses committed in their home country. This is to prevent the entry of migrants who may pose a threat to Canadian citizens and the state.
A clean record is required for approval of your PR application.
Avoid rejection of your PR visa
To reduce any chances of rejection, plan and prepare well in advance for your application submission. Be well-informed of the requirements and keep them ready well in advance. This will ensure acceptance of your application.
A better option would be to hire an immigration consultant. You will gain from their expertise and knowledge of Canadian immigration programs. They will help you submit a fool-proof application that will have very little ground for rejection.
Top 7 reasons for rejection of Canada PR application in 2021
Posted on November 13, 2020