The Y-Axis blog

Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here

Do you know the different types of German Visas applicants?

Posted on October 5, 2018
Comment (0)
Share :

types of German Visas applicants

Germany has different types of visas for different purposes. Be it for studying, working or for residing, the visas have different conditions based on the type of the visa.

The different types of visas that you can apply for are:


In this segment, you can apply for EU Blue Card Single Residence and Work Permit. For this, you will have to be from a recognized university or one which is like a German university degree. To get this visa, you must have a job in Germany which is from your field of education. You must earn a salary of at least 52,000 euros per year.

Those who specialize in Mathematics, Engineering, IT and Life Sciences are permitted the EU Blue Card. They must earn the same amount that the German workers earn; not less than 40,560 euros per year. The Federal Employment Agency or the BA must approve your employment. However, if you have completed your degree in Germany, you don’t need the approval. Those who hold the EU Blue Card are applicable for a Permanent Residence Permit after 33 months.

In case you do not qualify for the EU Blue Card, you need not worry. If you have a job relating to your field of study, you are eligible for a ‘Residence title for taking up employment’.

Graduates from German universities:

If you have completed your studies from a German university, you are eligible to work in the same field. You will receive a Residency Permit from the foreign national’s registration authority. In case you haven’t found a job yet, the agency can give you a Residence Permit for 18 months. This is given so that you can look for a job. During this period, you can take up any job to support yourself.

Vocational training course graduates:

Some of you may have completed non-academic vocational training courses outside Germany. If you have done so, you can apply for jobs based on your qualification. However, there are a few criterions that you must meet. Your qualification must be recognized as equal to German qualification. Also, you must have a job offer in hand.

In case the authority states that you must do additional training, you will be allowed to stay up to 18 months in Germany. You can take up any job to support yourself during this period.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Germany, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultants.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

400 German Jobs created by startups for migrants

Share :


More Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

12 − 11 =


Follow Us

We want to hear from you!