U.K. Colleges – Get through by ‘clearing’
Posted on July 16, 2019
The clearing is how colleges and universities in the U.K. fill up any vacancies that are still there in their courses.
The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) is a U.K.- based organization. The UCAS operates the entire application process for British Universities.
Anyone seeking admission to the universities in the U.K. will have to go through the UCAS. A fully online process, the UCAS brings students and universities together. The students can short-list from the options before them. At the same time, the universities can also take their pick of the lot.
Who can apply for clearing?
You can make use of clearing if –
- You are applying after June 30
- At the time of your initial application, you either did not get any offers. Or there were none that you wanted to accept.
- You were unable to meet the conditions of your offers.
- You declined your place for any reason
When will clearing open?
In 2019, you can apply for a course through clearing from July 5 to October 23. The clearing is available each year from July to September.
To be eligible for applying through this feature, you must not already be holding an offer from a college or university, and the course should still have places.
Important things to keep in mind about clearing:
- In case you have not applied already, you will have to register and apply.
- It is only after submitting the application that you can see the options available.
- After you have the permission from a university that you wish to go to, the UCAS website lets you add the course in Track.
- If you are in a clearing, you will come to know. Your Track status will either read “You are in Clearing” or that the “Clearing has started”.
- If you do not see anything about clearing under Track, try clicking “Decline Your Firm Place” and try again.
- If you can neither see any clearing details nor a decline option, there is no reason to worry. The colleges/universities might be taking time to update the results.
- UCAS Conservatoires do not have clearing to fill-up vacancies. Conservatoires are places where the artistically and musically gifted people gain an education.
Every year, a number of students worldwide gain admission into the U.K. colleges and universities by clearing. If you could not get through earlier, all you have to do is stay calm. There is always another alternative way. The 2019 clearing might get you cleared as well.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Study Visa for the UK, Business Visa for the UK, Study Visa for the UK, Visit Visa for the UK, and Work Visa for the UK.
If you found this engaging, you might also like . . .