UK Universities offer Scholarships to Overseas Students
Posted on December 11, 2018
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CFSP) is a program under which UK Universities offer scholarships to Overseas Students. The scholarships are given to students of other Commonwealth countries. CFSP was founded in 1959. More than 26000 Overseas Students have benefitted since then.
The University of Wolverhampton has acquired 4 scholarships to support Overseas Students. Overseas Students can pursue full-time postgraduate degrees in the UK. The aim is to help Overseas Students from least developed countries. The University of Wolverhampton is to support 4 such students from Ghana, Nigeria and Pakistan.
- Toyyib Oladimeji from Nigeria is awarded a scholarship for a Master’s in Public Health
- Mary Ogwuma Ogaga from Nigeria is offered a scholarship for a Master in Social care
- Eugnia Agnes Gillette and Muhammad Awais Paracha from Ghana and Pakistan have also received scholarships
Mary Ogwuma Ogaga from Nigeria told Voice-Online.co.uk that it is an opportunity of a lifetime. They are being offered high-quality education at a renowned UK University. It is known for its high academic standards and research excellence. She further confirmed that she could not afford to study in the UK otherwise. The scholarships are funded by –
- The Department of International Development
- The Department for Education
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
The CFSP hopes that these Overseas Students can make a significant contribution to their home country after their education. The following level of courses are sponsored –
- 1-year Master’s courses or equivalent degree
- Any Doctoral degree up to 4 years
In India, the scholarship program is managed by:
- The British Council
- Commonwealth Scholarships Commission
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Government of India
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
The scholarship program includes:
- Return international travel
- Tuition fee
- Maintenance and other allowances
The courses that are sponsored are:
- Engineering and Technology
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Overseas Students can apply for this scholarship by January 10 2019. They should apply online on two different portals:
- Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Electronic Application System
It is mandatory for candidates to apply on both the portals before the cut-off date.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to aspiring overseas immigrants including UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, Business Visa for UK, Study Visa for UK, Visit Visa for UK, and Work Visa for UK, Y-International Resume 0-5 yrs, Y-International Resume (Senior Level) 5+ yrs, Y Jobs, Y-Path, Resume Marketing Services One State and One Country.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…