Obtaining the Uzbekistan Student Visa: Difficult or Easy?
Posted on August 28, 2018
Uzbekistan is a country in Central Asia and was part of the former Soviet Republic. More students are researching this country’s Universities for study options abroad as compared to the past. How easy or how difficult is it to get an Uzbekistan Student Visa?
- Language issues: There are no programs available in English in the country. All programs are either in Uzbek or Russian. Proficiency in any one of these languages would be necessary before you embark on your study overseas journey.
- Visa system: Unlike the Tourist Visa, there is no e-portal for Student Visa as yet. The Embassy too has not listed Student Visa as an option on their portal. There is, however a Business Visa option available. Obtaining a specific Student Visa may not be all that easy.
- Acceptance letter: You must have a support letter from the University in Uzbekistan before applying for any Visa. The University may guide you through the official process but if they don’t, then you have to seek alternate avenues.
- Additional points: Within three days of arrival, you would need to register with the Department of the Foreign Travel and Exit. Saturdays and Sundays are included in this three day period. Your passport should have a validity of at least 3 months while entering Uzbekistan. In case you are carrying prescription medicines, you would need to also have a doctor’s prescription.
- Leaving Uzbekistan: It is one of the few countries which require an Exit Visa when you leave. Also, they do not want the foreign currency to leave the country; hence your money would need to be reconciled. You should not have more money than you first arrived with, as quoted by the Study International.
You may also contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan to get answers for your queries.
Y-Axis offers wide range of visa and immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Student Visa Documentation, 5 course search with admissions, 8 course search with admissions and Country Admissions Multi country.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…