What are Canadian Super Visas and their requirements?
Posted on December 11, 2018
Canada is one of the most favorable destinations for Overseas Immigrants. While they are away pursuing a promising career or education, their family misses them no end. Hence, Canada has come up with a Visa for parents and grandparents. They can visit their children or grandchildren while they are in Canada.
Canadian Super Visa is a Temporary Canadian Visa. It is also known as the Parent Visa. Their children or grandchildren must be Canadian Permanent Residents. The Visa allows them to stay in the country for up to 2 years. However, they cannot avail of any Canadian benefits such as health coverage.
Let’s check out the requirements parents and grandparents must fulfill to get the Canadian Super Visa.
- Passport must have one blank page
- Supporting documents must be in English or French
- They must provide documents proving no criminal history
- Applicants must pay Visa processing fees
- Candidates applying through Visa Application Centers must provide a letter of consent
- Candidates must prove that they own enough funds to cover the trip
- Candidates must appear for an interview or giving biometric information
- A medical examination is mandatory
- Parents and grandparents must prove that they would not work in Canada
Low income cut off point requirement:
This is a mandatory requirement that children or grandchildren have to meet. They must prove that they have enough funds to host their parents or grandparents in Canada. For one person they would have to show an annual fund of $24,949. For 2 persons it goes up to $31,061. As reported by VISAGUIDE.world, they can add their spouse’s income too.
Forms to be submitted:
Candidates must fill out the following forms and submit:
- Temporary Residence application form
- Family information form
Candidates might have to fill out other forms specific to their situation such as common-law union declaration form.
Following documents are mandatory for Overseas Immigrants applying for Canadian Super Visa:
- Travel history
- Bank statements
- Travel itinerary
- A letter of invitation from children or grandchildren
- Bank statements of child or grandchild proving they meet low income cut off criteria
- A declaration letter to the Canadian Government stating why you need the Canadian Super Visa
- Employment or education status
Canadian Super Visa fees:
The following costs will be involved in the process:
- CAD$100 for Visa application
- CAD$85 for biometric processing
- CAD$45 for passport processing
The Visa processing time may range from 8 days to 50 days at the max. However, it depends on the country the candidate is from.
Who can accompany you?
Parents or grandparents migrating to Canada can take their common-law partner or spouse to the country.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry P R Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…