What are the key points about Australian Permanent Residency?
Posted on November 29, 2018
Australia is one of the best countries for Overseas Immigrants at present. It has introduced various Visa categories for them to acquire Permanent Residency. The Immigration system is points-based. The key selection factors that determine the point are –
- Work experience
- Language proficiency
Let’s check out some of the key points about Australian Permanent Residency.
Before applying for the Visa, it’s essential to know the key benefits.
- Overseas Immigrants can live and work in Australia indefinitely
- After spending some years on Permanent Residency status, Immigrants can apply for citizenship
- Permanent Residents can access free legal and health services
- Family reunification is possible
- Australian Permanent Residency gives one the right to live, work and study in New Zealand given they have permission
- Children born in Australia would be considered citizens by birth
Having discussed the benefits, let’s move on to the requirements one needs to meet to get the Australian Permanent Residency Visa.
The Australian Permanent Residency Visa process is a combination of online and offline activities.
- Documents – Apart from the regular travel and educational documents, you need to submit the following as well –
- IELTS test results
- A skill assessment report by an assessing authority
- Visa category – Immigrants need to choose the right Visa category that suits their career plan. As quoted by The Hindu, the most popular ones are Subclass 189 and Subclass 190.
- Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Once the Visa category is chosen, the next step is to select an occupation from SOL
- Points-based system – Immigrants need to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) online. One must score at least 60 in the points-based system.
- Health and character requirements – The Immigration process includes assessing one’s health and character as well
The Visa process:
Let’s have a look at the Australian Permanent Residency process:-
- At first, Overseas Immigrants need to submit EOI online
- Based on their profile details like age, education, work experience and language ability, they will be given a point score
- If the profile is selected, they will get an invite to apply for the desired Visa
- The application form along with necessary documents need to be submitted to the Immigration office within 60 days
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489, Work Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…