What does Australia’s Subclass 190 visa offer?
Posted on March 24, 2020
Australia offers many visa options to help skilled immigrants to come and settle down in the country. While many of these visa options require the individual to apply on his own or independently, there are some visa options that are nominated by the state. One of these is the Subclass 190 visa which is a state nominated visa.
Benefits of a state nomination:
With a state nomination you can get a skilled migration visa to migrate to Australia. For receiving a state nomination, your occupation must be featured in the State Nominated Occupation list and meet all the eligibility requirements of state and federal governments.
A state nomination gives you the following benefits:
- You get priority visa processing with the Department of home affairs
- With the 190 Skilled Nominated visa you will get 5 points towards your Department of home affairs points test
- You will get an opportunity to live and work in cities in Australia that ae ranked as one of the top livable cities in the world
- You get access to a more detailed occupation list where you can find your correct match
Subclass 190 visa:
The Subclass 190 visa is for aspiring immigrants who have the skills and abilities that are in demand in specific states of the country. However, these aspirants might not have the required points to qualify for a skilled independent visa under the Skilled Migration program. The advantage of the Subclass 190 visa is that it entitles for faster visa.
The Subclass 190 visa is basically a Skilled nominated visa targeting the skilled experts and tradespeople who can be nominated by an Australian state or territory. This visa was designed to enable migrants belonging to an occupation in high demand in Australia’s labor market.
Eligibility requirements for Subclass 190 visa:
- Nomination or sponsorship from an Australian state or territory after submitting the EOI
- Experience in a nominated occupation on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List
- Completed skills assessment with a relevant assessing authority for the occupation you have selected
- Age between 18 and 50 years
- Meet the basic requirements for Skilled Migration which include English language, health, and character checks
- Minimum score of 65 on the points test
- Meet health and character requirements
Benefits of the Subclass 190 visa:
This is a permanent visa that allows you to stay in Australia for an indefinite period. However, you can travel to and from Australia only in the first five years that you have the visa. After the 5-year period, you will require a Resident Return (RRV) visa (subclass 155 or 157) to travel outside the country and re-enter it as a permanent resident. Other benefits include:
- Work and study in Australia without restrictions
- Stay in Australia for an unlimited period
- Subscribe for Australia’s universal healthcare scheme
- Apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor eligible relatives for temporary or permanent visas
Obligations under the visa include living for two years in the Australian state or territory under which the immigrant has been nominated. The visa holder can apply for a change of status after two years and can live or work anywhere in Australia.
Application steps for Subclass 190 Visa:
Step 1: Check if your occupation is on the Skilled Occupation list, assess if you have the minimum required points and meet all the other eligibility factors.
Step 2: Submit your expression of interest in Skill Select.
Step 3: Wait for the ITA to apply for the visa.
Step 4: Collect the documents required for the application.
Step 5: Apply for the visa within 60 days of receiving the ITA.
When making your visa application, you can also include your family members.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No. 1 Immigration & Visa Company.