What is Australia PR Visa Processing Time in 2023?
Posted on January 24, 2023
Why to apply for Australia PR?
- 8th Happiest country in the world
- Inviting half-a-million migrants by 2024
- 400,000 jobs lying vacant for 100+ days
- $28.8 million allotted for immigrants
- Settle in Australia within 6-8 months
- Earn 5 to 8 times your current salary
- FREE Education for your Children
- Retirement Benefits
One of the most desired nations to settle down permanently. Through its point-based system, people arrive from all parts of the world to make this Oceania nation their home. To know about the processing time of Australian PR Visas, we need to know about its PR visa programs.
The General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program is Australia’s most popular visa program. Most people who aspire to Australia PR globally opt for the GSM program. Under the GSM, there are three main visa categories:
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 491
Eligible applicants for all types of visas are skilled workers, students, humanitarian workers, and provisional family visa holders, among others.
Visa processing is done on a priority basis for applicants who have an occupation that is on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). Visas are also issued quickly to those working in sectors that are crucial to the economic recovery of Australia, especially when there are no eligible native workers available.
Processing times of visas under GSM in 2023
The Department of Home Affairs Australia (DHA) has stated that there are four processing times on working days. But the following factors also impact applications processing time every month:
- Variations in application numbers
- Periodic highs, and
- Difficult cases
Aspects that impact the processing time of the Australian PR visas
A visa application’s processing time varies based on various aspects, such as,
- Submission of application after completing it properly
- Accuracy of all required documents that have to be submitted together with the visa application
- Time is taken to respond to any query that the immigration officer poses
- An applicant’s occupation the demand for it in Australia
Points that an applicant score in SkillSelect online system based on crucial selection factors, such as educational qualifications, work experience, age, proficiency in the English language, etc.
Time is taken by the immigration department for the background verification procedure, etc.
Willing to work in Australia? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’s no. 1 overseas immigration consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …