What is the easiest way to get Australia PR in 2022?
Posted on November 24, 2021
If you’re thinking of applying for a permanent resident visa in Australia in 2022, you might be wondering which route is the easiest. Well, it depends on a number of factors. Each of Australia’s migration programs have their own set of qualifying criteria, terms, and selection criteria.
The eligibility of immigration applications in Australia is determined using a points-based system. To be considered, you must first have the required eligibility points, which is a score of 65 or higher on a scale of 100. The scoring criteria are listed in the table below:
|Age (25-33 years)||30 points|
|English proficiency (8 bands)||20 points|
|Work Experience outside Australia (8-10 years)
Work Experience in Australia (8-10 years)
|Education (outside Australia)
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or master’s degree in Australia||5 points|
|Study in a regional area
Accredited in community language
Professional year in a skilled program in Australia
State sponsorship (190 visa)
Check your eligibility on the Australia points calculator
Migration planning levels
The government sets the migration planning levels for every year and fixes a certain number of places under each migration program. Here is a table with details of places allotted to each migration program in 2021-2022:
|Skilled Stream category||2021-22 Planning Levels|
|Employer Sponsored (Employer Nomination Scheme)||22,000|
|State/Territory (Skilled Nominated permanent)||11,200|
|Regional (Skilled employer sponsored/skilled work regional)||11,200|
|Business Innovation and Investment Program||13,500|
|Global Talent Program||15,000|
|Family Stream Category||2021-22 Planning Levels|
|Child & Special Eligibility||3,100|
The Skilled Stream category which has a total of 79,600 immigration spots, will receive the most places, according to the Australian government’s immigration plan. Because the Skilled Migration stream has the most openings, it should be your first choice when applying for a PR visa. If you match the eligibility conditions and score the required points, you will have a higher chance in this stream and it could be easy to get your PR visa. The skilled migration program is a points-based system that is the most popular among potential migrants.
To be eligible for a visa under this program, you must meet the fundamental requirements for the Skilled category, which include:
- Have experience in a nominated occupation on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List
- Get a skill assessment report by a designated authority for that occupation
- Submit an Expression of Interest
- Be under 45 years
- Meet general Skilled Migration basic requirements
- Score at least 65 on the points test
- Meet health and character requirements
Once you receive an invitation to apply for this visa, you must do so within 60 days.
Moving to Australia under any of these visas under the Skilled migration program will lead to permanent residency in Australia after a few years of stay.
The three important visas under this stream include:
Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189): You can apply for this visa by invitation only. To be eligible, you should have Experience in a nominated occupation on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List.
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190): If you are nominated by an Australian state or territory, you are eligible for this visa. This visa offers the same advantages as the Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189).
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491 Visa: With this visa skilled professionals and their families must live, work, and study in specified regional zones for five years.
If you are opting to apply for your PR visa under the Skilled Migration program, choose an option that is best suited to your qualifications. Consider how far you can meet the eligibility requirements and choose your option for a successful outcome.
Employer Sponsored Migration
Considering the 30,000 places available under the Employer Sponsored Migration program, it could be your best bet to try for a PR visa. The program aims at filling skill shortages in the Australian Labor Market by matching the vacancies to those migrants who have the requisite skills and experience.
Other immigration programs to consider:
Family sponsorship program: If you have a family member who is a Permanent Resident or a citizen of Australia, you can move to Australia under this program. If your spouse, parent, sibling, or other close relative is willing to sponsor your PR visa, you can choose this option.
Distinguished Talent visa: People who have made substantial contributions to the arts, sports, research, or academic areas through their work are eligible for the Distinguished Talent visa. Subclass 858 and Subclass 124 are the two subclasses of the visa.
- You must have a track record of remarkable success in any career, art, sport, research sector, or academia, as well as international recognition.
- Your contribution, which might be economic, social, cultural, or other, should help the Australian community or contribute to the country.
- You must show that you are capable of establishing yourself in Australia or that you can obtain work in your field in Australia. However, income from a source outside your field will not be considered even if it is part of your overall income.
- You must have the qualifications or awards from internationally recognized institutions and provide evidence that you are still prominent in your field.
- You must have skills in functional English.
- You must meet the health and character requirements.
Global talent program: The Global Talent program permits highly qualified and talented individuals from all around the world to work and live in Australia on a permanent basis.
GTI was founded with the goal of bringing skilled migrants working in future oriented fields to Australia. Permanent visa applications from highly skilled migrants working in specific industries would be handled first under this scheme. There are 15,000 places for this program in the migration plans for 2021-22.
- Applicants must be highly qualified in their field and be able to find work in Australia without difficulty.
- Applicants must show that they have received international recognition for their accomplishments and that, if chosen through GTI, they would use their skills to benefit Australia.
- Applicants must have a track record of significant professional accomplishments, including patents, international publications, articles, and professional awards, as well as experience in senior management.
- This program does not require applicants to have a job offer.
Employer sponsored migration: Given the 22,000 spots available under the Employer Sponsored Migration program, applying for a PR visa may be your best option. The program attempts to fill skill shortages in the Australian labor market by matching job openings to migrants with the necessary qualifications and experience.
The easiest method for obtaining your Australia PR is entirely subjective. There are numerous possibilities open to you; your success will be determined by the program you choose and your ability to achieve the eligibility requirements for a PR visa in 2022.