What to do before a Schengen Visa interview?
Posted on November 22, 2018
Indian passport holders traveling to any one of the Schengen states in Europe need to obtain a pre-visit visa. Visa rules of the Schengen member states depend on your point of entry and exit.
A Schengen Visa usually arrives within 15 to 30 days of your Visa interview.
Here is your to-do list before attending a Schengen Visa interview:
- Get to and fro tickets: Indian passport holders in need of a tourist visa should first get entry and exit tickets. It is wise to buy refundable tickets since the visa outcome may not always be positive.
- Check your account balance: While applying for a Schengen Visa you need to provide bank statements for a certain number of months. Your bank statements must prove that you have sufficient funds to cover your trip, as per India Today.
- Visa application form: Whichever country you are visiting, you would need to log into that country’s visa immigration website. You should download and complete the visa application form before going for the interview. You would also need to choose the date, time and center where you would be attending the Schengen Visa interview.
- Checklist before the Schengen Visa interview: The general document checklist for a Schengen Tourist Visa will be as follows:
- A valid passport which has been issued in the recent 10 years. The passport should be valid for at least 3 months after your date of return to India. The passport should contain at least 2 blank pages. If you hold any previous passports, they should all be bound together with a rubber band.
- Passport size photographs as per the required dimensions
- A cover letter that explains your purpose of travel and itinerary
- If employed, you would need an introduction letter on the letterhead of the company. The introduction letter has to be submitted in original, signed and stamped by the HR of the company. The letter should state your position in the company and how long you have been working there. The letter should also have a “no objection statement” from your employer on your planned Schengen trip. It should also contain the dates and the purpose of your trip.
- Travel insurance with a cover of at least 30,000 Euros
- You’re to and fro tickets from India to the respective Schengen member states. You would also need to provide train tickets or car rentals for travel between the Schengen states. Accommodation proof like hotel booking, tour package etc would also be needed.
- If employed, you would also need to submit at least 3 months payslips or bank statements for at least 3 months. You would also need to submit Income tax documents for at least the last 2 years.
- Self-employed people need to submit their business registration certificate, partnership deed, or any other proof of ownership. You will need to submit at least 3 months statement for your business bank account. Also, you would need to submit last 2 years Income tax documents.
- It is best to carry the Visa fee in cash. Most countries use cash as the preferred mode of payment.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Schengen, Study Visa for Schengen, Visit Visa for Schengen, and Work Visa for Schengen.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…