When Should You Take the GRE?
Posted on April 22, 2022
GRE is taken by students who want to pursue a master’s or Ph.D. abroad. Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is one of the widely accepted graduate admission tests to study abroad. GRE test is held many times a year, and students can appear at designated test centers.
GRE can be taken by the availability of slots throughout the year by booking your slot according to your feasibility.
Amid the pandemic, an option has been introduced for the students to write the test at home. However, your system must meet the specific requirements to attempt the examination.
Get expert counselling from Y-Axis professionals to study abroad.
GRE test is taken to analyze the student’s analytical, verbal and quantitative skills. Primarily the test is based on Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and psychology.
Multiple test centers offer flexible time slots.
Be prepared for GRE:
- To write GRE, one should have constant effort in getting the answers right and be aware of the timelines.
- It is essential to measure the level of preparedness. Get used to the quantitative and verbal modes of questions.
- There is no point in writing the test if you are not ready completely. Put your 100% effort into understanding the university submission deadlines.
- GRE projects more on the difficult words, so it is required to enhance your skills.
- Improving the vocabulary to match the timelines may give you good results.
When are GRE tests offered?
- GRE tests can be taken at a test center or home with flexible timings.
- The test dates are made available round the clock.
- The GRE, the home option of testing, is known worldwide except in China and Iran.
- GRE is a computer-based test.
- There is a list of available GRE dates for 2022; students can register for the GRE home version.
- According to experts, always attempt the GRE test 60 – 90 days before the first university admission.
Confused to choose which university to study? Avail Y-Axis course recommendation services to choose the right one.
Procedures to follow for taking GRE Test:
- Note the deadline of application: Always try to give at least 4-5 months of GRE preparation time to understand the concepts and know the timelines. This period will make you confident to attempt the GRE test. Start your preparation during July / august and attempt your test in November or in December. Do not wait till the deadline is nearer or give your test in 2-3 months only. Your score differs when you have good preparation.
- Gather enough resources: You always need a study plan for consistency and betterment. Using your energy, time, and the available resources properly will help you achieve your goal. Examining your circumstances and re-learning when needed should be a mandatory process during the preparation.
Ace your GRE scores with Y-Axis coaching consultants…
- Plan your master’s: Many people get interested in writing GRE during their final year of the undergraduate program. GRE test scores get to be used for five years. To plan your master’s before five years, give your exam after a 4-5 month preparation and attempt your test. And then again, 2-3 years of work experience and go for your masters. This will help you in getting a great opportunity after your master’s.
- Get to know the right window for opportunity: Some graduate programs are strict in application deadlines. Few graduation schools offer application deadlines four times a year. If you have enough options, skip a deadline and work hard for GRE good score. Maximum are application deadlines you have, and more are the chances to improve the GRE score.
- Get time to re-take GRE: Do not write the GRE test during the neck of the moment while you have application deadlines. Plan; always have time to re-take the GRE test if needed.
At any point in time, you are the one who decides when to write the tests and apply to universities. Get indulged in interesting study methods to gain high scores on the GRE test.
Do you want to study in UK, then get assistance from Y-Axis, the world’s no.1 study overseas consultant?
Did you find the blog interesting? Then read more..
5 international scholarships to study in London’s business schools