Why Canada announced increase in immigration when the world is dealing with the COVID19?
Posted on March 26, 2020
Canada loves Indians:
Canada is continuing to welcome over a million immigrants over the next 3 years. That’s means nearly 330,000 applicants will be accepted. Federal Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino released the planned immigration levels on Thursday, saying
Canada will admit:
- 341,000 permanent residents in 2020,
- 351,000 next year and
- 361,000 in 2022.
By 2022, the year’s new permanent residents in Canada will account for 1% of the population.
“Our plan will benefit to all Canadians because immigration drives economic growth, contributes to our diversity, spurs innovation and helps employers across the country access the talent they need to succeed and thrive”
Marco Mendicino, Federal Immigration Minister
Why has Canada announced this as recently as last week when the world is dealing with the COVID19?
- Earlier Canada had a Tap On and Tap Off way of dealing with immigration. If the economy was doing well, they put the Immigration tap on. If it didn’t they closed the Immigration tap. They figured that immigration doesn’t need to be linked with how well the economy was doing because the economy is sure to rebound and then its too late for getting in migrants which is a long drawn process anyway.
- Immigration does not work like how companies do. They do not have layoffs. They have a different perspective on labour. It does not go with the fashion of the day but with long term implications for the industry.
- In fact, Canada believe that in a down market it is the newcomers who drive up the economy.
- Canada has a silent and major problem. Nearly 10% of its population will retire by 2030! Imagine nearly nine million baby boomers will stop working, will not pay taxes and will start getting pensions.
- Combined with this Canada also has low birth rate. Not many babies. That sucks. So who is going to fill in the pension kitty? Migrants like you! That’s why 330,00 migrants will surely get the PR visas approved every year for the next 3 years.
- It will all be back to normal soon.
Keeping this in mind, all countries offering PR visas are continuing to accept applications and process them.
Why should you begin your application now?
- If you are currently eligible for Canada immigration, there is no better time to begin your process and file your application. Every year one delays they lose points for age and may become ineligible soon.
- Provinces are currently selecting people whose CRS scores are even as low as 300.Provinces are heavily dependent on immigration and continue to suffer from skilled shortages due to an ageing population. Apply now and your application could be selected in the next draw.
- The whole immigration process is online and there is no impact on applications. The sooner one applies, the better it is as immigration rules continuously change which may negatively impact your application.
It will soon be back to normal:
- Just like a bad job market the COVID-19 is a temporary situation.
- China which was the epicentre has already begun seeing a decline in cases. As of yesterday there was just one new case in the whole of China.
- Apple has reopened all it’s 42 stores in China!
- The first vaccine was administered yesterday in Seattle by Moderna.
- Other companies too are on the verge of beginning testing for their vaccines.
- Doctors in India have been successful treating the virus with a combination of medication and recovery rates are very high.
- With everyone around the world working together to get this under control, it’s just a matter of time before it is.
With Y-Axis, it is business as usual.
We continue to service thousands of clients across the world, looking to become Global Indians by applying to Canada, Australia, the UK and Germany.
Our offices across India and overseas continue to function as usual.
We do recommend that we all practice social distancing and are now discouraging walk ins.
Please bear in mind the entire counselling, sign up and processing can be done via phone and email so we request you to use these mediums only as they are also efficient and easy.
Lets work together to flatten the COVID-19 curve!
We are running special offers this month due to the end of the financial year. We have various payment option that will encourage and help you get started with minimal investment.
We look forward to working with you to achieve your dream of becoming a Global Indian this year.